The announcement, signed by Foreign Affairs Minister Don Pramudwinai on February 23, stipulates the new fee rate will be effective from March 11.
Here are the new rates:
• Bt500 for making a 3-year passport
• Bt1,000 for a 5-year passport
• Bt1,500 for a 10-year passport
• Bt1,000 for issuing an official passport
• In case a passport is needed urgently (on the same day), applicants must pay an additional Bt2,000.
• Bt200 for issuing an emergency passport
• Bt100 for passport endorsement
• Bt100 for a copy of passport holding history
The Foreign Affairs Ministry will exercise its discretion on whether to wave the fee for urgent or emergency passports due to humanitarian or government-related reasons.
Published : March 11, 2021
By : THE NATION