Nakhon Si Thammarat led the list with 49 road accidents, though no road fatalities have been recorded in 25 provinces.
In the past 24 hours, 338 accidents with 54 fatalities and 373 injured people were reported by the Road Accident Prevention and Reduction Centre.
The centre provided the following details:
• 30.15 per cent of accidents caused by speeding
• 28.35 per cent caused by drunk driving
• 87.63 per cent involved motorcycles
• 58.25 per cent of the accidents occurred on straight roads
• 33.51 per cent of the accidents occurred on village roads
• 30.15 per cent of accidents occurred between 4pm and 8pm
• 29.74 per cent of fatalities were aged 50 and above
• Highest number of accidents occurred in Nakhon Si Thammarat (22)
• Highest number of deaths were in Sakon Nakhon and Suphanburi (four each)
• Highest number of injured people was in Nakhon Si Thammarat (21)
Published : April 13, 2021
By : The Nation