SRT adds two trains on Bangkok-Padang Besar route
The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) has introduced two more trains on the Bangkok-Padang Besar route and vice versa starting from Thursday (August 11) to facilitate travellers who wish to visit Malaysia.
1. Express Train 45, departing from Bangkok at 3.10pm and arriving in Padang Besar at 9.50am (Thailand time).
2. Express Train 46, departing from Padang Besar at 5.06pm (Thailand time) and arriving in Bangkok at 12.45am.
SRT Public Relations Centre director Ekarat Sriarayanphong said the move aims to promote tourism in the southern region and attract tourists from Malaysia after the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration eased travel restrictions at Thai-Malaysian borders.
Ekarat said with the addition of the two trains, SRT now operates a total of 200 trains per day – 36 on northern routes, 46 on northeastern, 52 on southern, 24 on eastern, 34 on Mahachai routes and eight on Mae Klong routes.
On July 15, the SRT added four trains to its Hat Yai-Padang Besar routes to make it more convenient for travellers in Hat Yai to visit Malaysia.
1. Train 947, Hat Yai-Padang Besar (departing at 7.30am, arriving at 8.25am)
2. Train 948, Padang Besar-Hat Yai (departing 8.55am, arriving 9.50am)
3. Train 949, Hat Yai-Padang Besar (departing 2pm, arriving 2.55pm)
4. Train 950, Padang Besar-Hat Yai (departing 3.40pm, arriving 4.35pm).