Bangkok to close roads, park and subway station around Apec summit
Roads, the subway station and the park near Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre (QSNCC) will be closed for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) summit, police said on Friday.
The roads will be closed from November 16-19.
Closed around the clock will be Ratchadapisek Road (from Asoke Montri to Rama IV intersections) and Duang Phitak Road.
Closed from 6pm to 6am will be:
– Ploenchit Road (inbound, from Ploenchit Expressway to Ratchaprasong intersections)
– Wireless Road (inbound from Ploenchit to Sarasin intersections)
– Ratchadamri Road (inbound from Ratchaprasong to Ratchadamri intersections)
– Soi Tonson
– Soi Ruamrudee
The following roads will have one-way traffic only from 6pm to 6am:
– Ratchadamri Road, outbound between Ratchadamri and Ratchaprasong intersections
– Wireless Road, outbound between Sarasin and Ploenchit intersections
– Ploenchit Road, from Ploenchit Expressway to Ratchaprasong intersection
Six shuttle buses will be provided to transport people who live or work in the affected areas between November 16 and 19.
The MRT’s Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre station will be closed from November 16-19.
Benjakitti Park on Ratchadapisek Road will be closed from November 12-19.
Bangkok will also be a no-fly zone for drones from November 16-21.
Police hotlines at 191 or 1197 are available around the clock.