Sunday, July 25, 2021

business

Panasonic ups air-con share due to premium unit sales


Panasonic has expressed confidence that it will grab a 20-per cent market share in Thailand’s air-conditioning systems market despite a generally stagnant market.

1,289

View

“The total value of the air conditioner market dipped by 10 per cent last year, with 1.4 million units sold,” said Akihiro Yamaguchi, director of the air conditioner marketing division, Panasonic AP Sales (Thailand).
The inverter class of air conditioners account for 25 per cent of the Thai market, while the non-inverters make up the remaining 75 per cent, he noted.
While Thailand’s overall electrical home appliance market experienced no growth in 2017, sales of Panasonic electrical home appliances surpassed Bt12 billion in value, an increase of five per cent from the previous year, as a result of increased sales in premium categories.
The company projected sales growth of 15 per cent this year.

Published : January 20, 2018

By : The Nation