Mon, August 08, 2022

in-focus

Maha Sarakham man, 72, dies after eating wild mushrooms


A 72-year-old Maha Sarakham man has died after eating wild mushrooms that turned out to be poisonous.

Relatives of Thongsuk Klungdongkhen spoke to reporters on Friday morning while making funeral preparations at his house in Ban Muang, Tambon Nong Thum, Wapi Pathum district.
They said Thongsuk and his son, Sompote, 41, had eaten mushrooms that Thongsuk’s daughter had gathered in a forest in Roi Et’s Chaturaphak Phiman district.

Maha Sarakham man, 72, dies after eating wild mushrooms
Thongsuk was taken to the district hospital on Wednesday afternoon and then transferred to Maha Sarakham Hospital, where he survived overnight.
Sompote suffered from diarrhoea and vomiting but refused to go hospital and was recovering at home.

Published : August 03, 2018

By : The Nation