State units' revenue 9% over target in January
State enterprises and companies, in which the Finance Ministry holds lower than 50 per cent of shares, generated total revenue of Bt6.762 billion in January 2020, said Prapas Kong-Ied, director general of the State Enterprise Policy Office.
The amount boosted the government's cumulative income from October 1, 2019 to January 31, 2020 to Bt79.149 billion, or 9 per cent over the target.
It accounted for 42 per cent of the targeted income of Bt188.8 billion in fiscal year 2020 (October 2019 to September 2020).
The top ten state enterprises generating the highest income to the government during October 1, 2019, and January 31, 2020, are:
1. The Government Lottery Office (GLO), Bt18.717 billion
2. Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT), Bt18.301 billion
3. PTT, Bt13.139 billion
4. Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA), Bt5.733 billion
5. Government Savings Bank (GSB), Bt5.409 billion
6. CAT TELECOM (CAT), Bt3.891 billion
7. Expressway Authority of Thailand (EXAT), Bt3.839 billion
8. Government Housing Bank (GHB), Bt2.414 billion
9. Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA), Bt2.350 billion
10. Port Authority of Thailand (PAT), Bt2.100 billion
Others, Bt3.256 billion