Third phase of shopping subsidy scheme to cover 16 million people
The government’s shopping subsidy scheme, "Kon La Kreung" (Lets Go Halves) will open soon for the third phase, covering 16 million people, Fiscal Policy Office director-general Kulaya Tantitemit said on Thursday.
“Those who had already registered in the first and second phases of the campaign totalling 15 million people need not register again,” said Kulaya, who is also Ministry of Finance spokeswoman.
“The starting date of registration will be announced soon.”
Under the scheme, registered users will get 50 per cent discount on their daily purchases at up to Bt150 per day, capped at Bt3,500 per month.
Kulaya added that "Let’s Go Halves" is part of measures aimed at stimulating the economy and helping alleviate people’s financial burden during the latest Covid-19 outbreak.
Other measures include granting more allowances and benefits to holders of state welfare cards at 13.65 million people, providing cash handouts at Bt200 per month for six months to people in vulnerable groups, and the latest campaign “Ying Chai Ying Dai” (Spend More, Get More).
Under Ying Chai Ying Dai, the government will grant an e-voucher worth up to Bt7,000 to eligible registrants -- up to 4 million people -- to be used via Pao Tang applications at participating shops. The campaign is expected to start in July and will last until December.
“Each person can choose to register for one of these campaigns only,” she added.