A doctor from Rajavithi Hospital has tested positive for Covid-19 and is believed to have picked up the virus from a pub in the Ekkamai area.
The hospital released a statement a medical personnel working in the neurosurgery ward was infected with Covid-19 and had a history of visiting pubs in Victory Monument and Ekkamai areas.
The Hospital Infection Control Committee has ordered the hospital to take the following measures:
• Refrain from accepting new patients and refer non-urgent cases.
• Close all operation theatres from Wednesday and only accept surgeries from April 19 onwards.
• No non-urgent surgeries or procedures to be done from Wednesday until April 18.
• All related areas to be given an ozone-based deep clean.
• All medical training courses to proceed as usual except for surgery.