On Thursday 7,731 doses were injected, taking the total administered in the province to 103,333 doses, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) said.
However, this figure still represents less than 1 per cent of the capital’s population, estimated at 10,722,815 residents. To achieve herd immunity, around 70 per cent of the population must have antibodies against Covid-19.
Five groups prioritised to receive the vaccine in Bangkok are:
1. Public health staff and volunteers (55,126 vaccinated so far).
2. Seniors aged over 60 (11,616).
3. Workers in close contact with Covid-19 patients (10,194).
4. People with chronic diseases (7,625).
5. People living in high-risk zones (18,722).
A total of 7,121 Bangkok residents had received the two doses of vaccine necessary for full inoculation.
The BMA said it will continue to vaccinate people in priority groups, especially after the new outbreak of Covid-19 stemming from entertainment venues in the Thong Lor area.
Published : April 09, 2021
By : THE NATION