Khao Yai tops list of favourite getaways for nature lovers this New Year’s
Khao Yai National Park in Nakhon Ratchasima was the most favourite getaway spot in Thailand for eco-tourists this New Year’s break.
The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP) said in a Facebook post on Monday that national parks across the country welcomed 554,345 visitors from December 30 to January 2, generating 17.70 million baht in revenue.
“Khao Yai is still the most popular, attracting 18,132 visitors,” the post read.
The five national parks that attracted the most visitors during this New Year break were:
• Khao Yai, Nakhon Ratchasima: 18,132
• Khlong Lan, Kamphaeng Phet: 8,621
• Phu Chi Fa, Chiang Rai: 7,751
• Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai: 6,404
• Chae Son, Lampang: 5,802.