33 Bangkok parks to stay open until midnight for Loy Krathong celebrations
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is extending the opening hours of 33 public parks on Loy Krathong Day next Tuesday.
The BMA announced on Friday that the parks will be open from 5am to midnight, so Bangkokians can release their floats to pay respect to the goddess of water.
The places where Bangkokians can float their krathongs are:
1. Lumpini Park, Pathum Wan
2. Chatuchak Park, Chatuchak
3. Wachirabenjathat (Rot Fai) Park, Chatuchak
4. Santi Chai Prakan Park, Phra Nakhon
5. Saranrom Park, Phra Nakhon
6. Rommaninat Park, Phra Nakhon
7. Benjasiri Park, Klong Toei
8. Benjakitti Park, Klong Toei
9. Suan Luang Rama VIII Park, Bang Phlat
10. Santiphap Park, Ratchathewi
11. Ramintra Sports Park, Bang Khen
12. Seri Thai Garden, Bueng Kum
13. Nawamin Phirom Park, Bueng Kum
14. King Rama IX Commemoration Park, Bang Kho Laem
15. Rommani Thungsikan, Don Mueang
16. Bueng Nam Lat Phrao 71, Lat Phrao
17. Thonburirom Park, Thung Kru
18. Thawi Wanarom, Thawee Watthana
19. Wanatham Park, Prawet
20. Chaloem Phra Kiat Mahat Thai Park, Prawet
21. Chaloem Phra Kiat 80 Phansa Park, Sathorn
22. Sirintora Pusapan Park, Bangkok Noi
23. Chaloem Phra Kiat 80 Phansa Park, Bangkok Noi
24. Waree Phirom Park, Klong Sam Wa
25. Siri Phirom Park, Klong Sam Wa
26. Nong Jok Park, Nong Jok
27. Rat Phirom Park, Nong Jok
28. Phra Nakhon Park, Lat Krabang
29. Queen Sirikit 60th Anniversary Park, Lat Krabang
30. Bueng Krathiem Park, Minburi
31. Phraya Phirom Park, Minburi
32. Bang Khae Phirom Park, Bang Khae
33. Thian Thale Phatthana Phrueksa Phirom Park, Bang Khunthien
The BMA will also hold Loy Krathong events near the Ong Ang Canal in Phra Nakhon district and the Thonburi side of the Rama VIII bridge. The first event will be held on November 6 and 7 (Sunday and Monday), while the second will be held on November 8 (Tuesday).
The events will include live performances, open-air screenings of films and stalls selling local products.
The fair in Thonburi will also feature a concert by popstar Vid Hyper.