FDA warns consumers against buying health products that promise miracles
The Thai FDA has released a list of counterfeit products from Vietnam that have penetrated the local market. The operation to crack down on a global network of distributors was conducted in collaboration with the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB).
So far, the authorities have confiscated 43,411 units of 23 types of items worth more than 40 million baht.
The Department of Health has also issued a warning, urging consumers to not fall for advertisements that offer exaggerated health benefits or purchase products just because they are cheap.
Here is a list of products people are advised not to consume:
• Ovisure Gold: Claims to reduce joint pain, prevent osteoarthritis and combat bone-related diseases, with results allegedly being visible within seven days.
• Digo Sure: Claims to treat diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, relieve joint and shoulder pain, numbness, as well as rejuvenate and strengthen bones and joints.
• Zextra Sure: Claims to treat degenerative spine and joint diseases, as well as ease symptoms of hemiplegia or partial paralysis.
• Via Sure Calcium: Claims to reduce joint and bone pain, as well as make bones more flexible.
• Hevisure Gold: Claims to prevent complications from diabetes such as blindness and kidney failure.
• GluOats: Claims to reduce and treat blood sugar levels, prevent complications like heart failure and liver infection.
• Gluzextra Gold: Claims to treat diabetes, control blood sugar, and reduce complications from various dangerous diseases.
• HIUP Complete: Claims to make children taller by 3 to 5 centimetres within three months, offers benefits that are 10-fold better than regular products:
• Sica Sure Canxi Wemee: Claims to make children taller by 3 to 5cm within three months, offers benefits that are 10-fold better than regular products.
• Pro Up: Claims to boost immunity, promote deep sleep and increase weight by 10 kilos within a month
• Hevifood Body Fit: Claims it helps people lose 3 to 4 kilos within two weeks without any dieting.