The index fell after a sharp rise totalling 1.47 per cent on Thursday and Wednesday.
The 10 stocks with the highest trade value today were KBANK, EA, PTT, MAKRO, ADVANC, RCL, PTTEP, SCB, SABUY and CPALL.
Other Asian indices were mixed:
- Japan's Nikkei Index closed at 28,029.57, up 276.20 points or 1.00 per cent.
- China's Shanghai SE Composite closed at 3,607.43, up 33.60 points or 0.94 per cent, while the Shenzhen SE Component closed at 14,892.05, up 126.49 points or 0.86 per cent.
- Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index closed at 23,766.69, down 22.24 points or 0.093 per cent.
- South Korea's KOSPI Index closed at 2,968.33, up 23.06 points or 0.78 per cent.
- Taiwan's TAIEX Index closed at 17,697.14, down 27.74 points or 0.16 per cent.