Fire at Chulalongkorn Hospital damages computer only: director
The director of the Chulalongkorn Hospital said the public should not be worried about the fire that broke out at the hospital Monday night as it only damaged a computer in the MRI scan room.
Dr Sutthipong Watcharasinthu said the fire broke out at 7pm at the Bhumsirimangalanusorn Building in the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan room on the second floor.
The computer fire caused a lot of smoke but no flames and did not spread.
Social networkers shared pictures of smoke coming out from the building, raising concerns about damage to the hospital and to the patients there but Sutthipong said there was no cause for panic.
“Everything is under control. Officials have put out the fire and dispelled the smoke from inside the building. A complete check has confirmed that the damage was not severe,” Sutthipong said.
He said that some patients were evacuated from the ground floor and third floor as a precautionary measure and affirmed that the fire had not caused any severe damage.