SRT announced on Tuesday that more trains will start running to the South, North and Northeast, though all measures to curb the spread of Covid-19 will be strictly observed. Trains will also not stop at “dark red” provinces during the 9pm to 4am curfew hours.
The 18 routes that will reopen are:
- Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok diesel special express No 7/8
- Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok special express No 9/10
- Bangkok-Hat Yai-Bangkok diesel special express No 43/40
- Bangkok-Hat Yai-Bangkok special express No 31/32
- Bangkok-Trang-Bangkok express train No 83/84
- Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat-Bangkok express train No 85/86
- Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani-Bangkok fast train No 139/140
- Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani-Bangkok special express No 23/24
- Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani-Bangkok diesel express No 71/72
SRT has also shifted Bangkok-Thung Song-Bangkok to Bangkok-Sungai Kolok-Bangkok serviced by fast train No 171/172.