Govt extends complaints period for Bt5,000 payments
The Finance Ministry has extended the period it will receive complaints about the Bt5,000 remedial payments until May 15, from the original deadline of May 8.
Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, secretary to the finance minister, said on Thursday (May 7) that the ministry complaints centre will be closed on May 9 and 10 for public holidays, but people could resubmit their cases online at www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com ("We do not leave anyone behind") until May 10 as scheduled.
“We found that many people have had problems registering since their ID numbers do not match information on the Interior Ministry database,” he said.
“Meanwhile, some claimants mistakenly believe this a new round of registration for cash handouts. We would like to inform people that we have not opened the second round of applications for remedial measures.”
The Finance Ministry has been inundated with complaints and protests from people whose applications for the pandemic-relief payments were rejected.
Thanakorn said the ministry will deliver payments to 12.8 million successful applicants by next week, adding that 5.4 million people have so far resubmitted their applications for review.
“Of those 5.4 million applicants, 3.3 million have been approved and received the cash,” he said. “The ministry will have officials review the eligibility of another 2.1 million people, aiming to conclude the process May 17.”
He added that the ministry will cooperate with the Interior and Social Development and Human Security Ministries to consider measures to help about 1 million people unable to register for the Bt5,000 monthly payments, including elderly, disabled and homeless people.
“This group may not have to register again because the government already has their information,” he added.