By THE NATION
The Online-to-Offline event (O2O) of fashion, food, and concerts attracted more than 100,000 customers, underscoring the success of Lazada's Shoppertainment strategy.
Jack Zhang, Deputy CEO of Lazada Thailand, said “The Lazada 9.9 Big Discovery Sale this year made history with overwhelming feedback from shoppers across Thailand. The success well reflected Lazada's leading position in Thailand's eCommerce landscape. The platform was able to fulfil all customer needs through the breadth of sale assortment from brands and sellers, exclusive promotions such as 9 Million Deals and 9 Million Vouchers, and special discounts as high as 90 per cent. Furthermore, Lazada offers safe and secure payment solutions as well as an efficient logistic system which is well trusted by Thai consumers”.
Statistics from this year's edition of Lazada 9.9 Big Discovery Sale showed that mobile phone was the best-selling product category. The platform recorded more than 20,000 units sold in the one-day sale event. Other best-selling products included diaper and smart TV.
• Brands on LazMall were able to boost their sales by 37 times on average when compared to sales during the general period.
• The first parcel was delivered to a customer at 07.24 am on September 9, 2019.
• The number of facial masks sold during the one-day event can be used daily for next 35 years.
• The number of lipsticks sold within can be used for more than 4,000 years.
• All iPhoneX offered as special gifts were redeemed by customers within 4 minutes.
“The Lazada 9.9 Big Discovery Sale offered customers not only just online shopping experience but new experiences with all sensations through the Online-to-Offline (O2O) event that features LOL Market, LOL Canteen, and Lazada 9.9 Big Discovery Sale Concert. Recognised as the biggest O2O event for eCommerce to connect with Thai customers, it attracted more than 100,000 shoppers. Under the Shoppertainment strategy, the event was able to meet the needs of customers aged between 18-24 years old, which also underscored Lazada’s strength towards becoming a lifestyle destination,” added Jack Zhang.