Mon, November 29, 2021

in-focus

Allergic reaction kills woman


A 21-year-old woman has died after suffering an allergic reaction to an ingredient in a food supplement, in Trang’s Sikao district, her grief-stricken mother revealed yesterday.

Aiya-orn-in Adulwibul, 48, said that she wished people viewed her daughter Sataporn Panthong’s case as a cautionary example and the prime minister and his government implemented measures to supervise the standards of supplementary products so that consumers were better protected.
The young woman died at Trang Hospital on June 11 after orally taking four supplement pills and having a serious allergic reaction to the ingredient Indian velvet bean extract. 
Aiya-orn-in said her daughter had epilepsy since she was 10 years old and the people who suggested she use the product told her there would be no side effects linked to her condition. 
Aiya-orn-in has handed over her daughter’s body for an autopsy, the result of which will be known in two months.
 

Published : June 18, 2016

By : The Sunday Nation