Tue, December 07, 2021

in-focus

Beautiful Doi Inthanon all set to reopen


Chiang Mais Doi Inthanon National Park will reopen to tourists from Wednesday as the weather there turns colder. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of nature on Thailands highest peak amid new health measures to prevent Covid-19 from spreading further.

During the past week, many areas in the North have started to get cold, especially mountaintops.

On Monday morning, Doi Inthanon saw its lowest temperature in months – 7 degrees Celsius – coupled with cloudless skies, allowing locals to witness the first golden ray of dawn as winter sets in.

The park will accept no more than 100 tourists at a time, accepting only 30 per cent of walk-in visitors, while the other 70 per cent need to make a booking through the QueQ application.

Visitors are required to be fully vaccinated or obtain a virus test result. Face masks must be worn at all times and big gatherings are prohibited.

Beautiful Doi Inthanon all set to reopen

More than 70 per cent of officials and locals have now been vaccinated, and the national park has also received the SHA Plus rating to reassure visitors of safety.

Related news:

Beautiful Doi Inthanon all set to reopen

Published : November 08, 2021