AWS launches “WeloveNFT”, the first NFT ticketing system in Thailand
Consumers will be assured of no fraud and fairness when a new NFT is applied to ticket system for travel, entertainment, etc.
Thailand’s leading IT solution and digital technology provider Advance Web Service Plc (AWS) recently introduced the country’s first Non-Fungible Token (NFT) ticketing system, aiming to raise the bar for booking tickets and promote the tourism and entertainment industries.
The company’s NFT ticketing system was launched under the brand “WeloveNFT” at the Thailand Software Fair 2022, held at Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC) in Bangna district from November 24-27.
AWS’s CEO Wiroj Sirirattanarak said the company has harnessed its 15-year experience as an IT solution provider to develop a blockchain ticketing system that can be used across several industries. “By combining our existing brand of “WeloveBooking” with blockchain and NFT technology, our new “WeloveNFT” platform is utilising NFT in verifying ticket ownership and preventing problems such as counterfeiting, ticket lost, damaged or stolen,” he said. “NFT ticketing system also enables businesses to provide exclusive rights and benefits to ticket buyers such as the use of VIP lounges and other private services, as well as access to NFT collections, which can be traded or exchanged via NFT marketplaces.”
Highlights of NFT ticketing that uses blockchain technology are as follows:
- Enable businesses to design their NFT collection to add value to existing products and services, especially for tickets to special or exclusive events.
- Allow users to buy, sell, and exchange NFT collections and tickets on global NFT marketplaces, such as Opensea.
- Businesses can choose to grant either lifetime or one-time rights to VIP customers.
- Allow hybrid use with other e-ticketing systems under one unified platform.
- Combine total ticketing solutions in one platform, from creating, selling, verifying and delivering tickets.
- Can verify ticket ownership using the reliable blockchain system.
Wiroj added that NFT ticketing system will help businesses connect to the world of Web 3.0 by building an ecosystem for NFT products and services, and help owners create brand loyalty among VIP clients and NFT collectors. Businesses such as hotels, concert organisers, museums, learning centres, travel and related services will greatly benefit from the NFT ticketing system.