Thailand’s arsenal against Covid-19
Six Covid-19 vaccines have been registered with the Thai Food and Drug Administration and about 20 million doses have been administered to the public, so far.
However, 76.1 per cent of the population has not been inoculated, 23.9 per cent have received at least one jab, and of them 6.7 per cent are fully vaccinated, while 0.3 per cent have received a booster shot.
The government has either put in orders or imported vaccines registered with the Thai FDA.
The vaccines are:
- AstraZeneca: Produced by Siam Bioscience under the support of AstraZeneca (Thailand)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac): Imported from China by the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen): Imported by Janssen Cilag Co, Ltd
- Moderna: Imported by Zuellig Pharma Ltd
- Sinopharm (Covilo): Imported by Biogenetech Co.,Ltd
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty): Imported by Pfizer (Thailand)
The two vaccines currently being assessed are:
- Russia’s Sputnik V: Imported by Kingen Biotech Co, Ltd
- India’s Covaxin: Imported by Biogenetech Co.,Ltd