By THE NATION
On Friday evening, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) announced the new fares for the Green Line BTS Skytrain.
The new fares are:
- From Ha Yaek Lat Phrao station (N9) to Ku Kot station (N24), comprising 16 stations, -- Bt15-Bt45 (increasing from the current rate by Bt3 per station)
- From On Nut station (E9) to Mo Chit station (N8), comprising 17 stations; from National Stadium station (W1) to Saphan Taksin station (S6), comprising six stations; and from Krung Thon Buri station (S7) to Wongwian Yai station (S8), comprising two stations, will remain unchanged.
- From Bang Chak station (E10) to Bearing station (E14), comprising five stations, and from Samrong station (E15) to Keha Samut Prakarn station (E23), comprising nine stations -- Bt15-Bt45 (up by Bt3 per station)
- From Pho Nimit station (S9) to Bang Wa station (S12), comprising four stations -- Bt15-Bt24 (up by Bt3 per station)
- The maximum fare for all Green Line routes will be Bt104.
The new fares will be effective from February 16.
The Transport Ministry on Saturday asked the BMA to defer the scheduled fare hike of the Green Line mass transit route to a maximum of Bt104 until the new rate is agreed to by all involved parties.
The BMA had earlier on Friday issued a statement saying the ceiling on fares shall be set at Bt65.