Thailands 15 smart cities unveiled
Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan handed out smart city logo to 15 city developers and gave the policy to drive the city development on Saturday.
Thailand has a concrete plan to develop smart cities in order to improve city management in various aspects, such as economic, social, environmental and living.
This move is in line with 20-year Thailand 4.0 strategy which aims to reduce inequality and create prosperity, security and sustainability.
So far, Thai government, private and public sectors' effort resulted in 15 smart cities:
- Khon Kaen Smart City
- Chachoengsao, a lively city that is worth for visit and investment
- Phuket Smart City
- Sri Trang City
- Phadung Krung Kasem Canal smart city development project
- Rama IV smart city area
- Sam Yan Smart City
- Chiang Mai Municipality's smart old town development
- Chiang Mai University and surrounding areas' smart city for sustainable excellence to communities
- Mae Moh Smart City, Lampang
- Yala Smart City for public participation
- Nakhon Sawan Smart City
- Saensuk Smart City, Chonburi
- Wangchan Valley Smart City, Rayong
- Makkasan Smart City to support high-speed rail linking three airports